The Fullerton Art Walk in downtown Fullerton, every first Friday of the month, is developed and promoted by the downtown art community and retailers who independently curate their own show. This event is free for the community and many galleries provide beverages, food and live music.
Here is just a sampling of the exhibit info for this Friday (we will continue to update as new exhibits are announced), for a full list of locations see the Downtown Fullerton Art Walk map:
Friday August 1, 2014, 6-10pm
* A Quarter Blue (a non-profit that helps people heal from traumatic experiences) will have art up at the Tranquil Tea Lounge. Art being displayed will represents four differently areas the group worked on, Peace, Balance, Growth and Unity and proceeds go to A Quarter Blue to help bring more awareness to the community.
* Lolo Boutique will present the whimsical, professional, entertaining art of Tamara Lujan.
*Hibbleton Gallery in the Magoski Arts Colony will present Retrospective 2004 – 2014: The Photography of John Gilhooley. Starting with John’s first OC Weekly cover of The Adolescents in 2004 to the recent 2014 cover of Rikk Agnew, this photo show will feature cover shots as well as portraits and live music photographs for sale to the public.
* BOOKMACHINE books + zines in the Magoski Arts Colony - Jesse La Tour is re-releasing (and expanding!) his long out-of print coloring book “Literary Figures: a Coloring Book” featuring drawings and fun facts about the giants of world literature.
* The Altered States Therapy Lounge in the Magoski Arts Colony will feature Fotos & Poems from local Josue Rivas.
* The Egan Gallery in the Magoski Arts Colony will feature “Sex Drugs & Rock “n’ Roll. In partnership with local musician, sound and lighting guru Roy ” El Roy ” Zartman,.